Simulation studies in R (Fall, 2016 version)
In today’s Quant Methods colloquium, I gave an introduction to the logic and purposes of Monte Carlo simulation studies, with examples written in R.
- Here are the slides from my presentation.
- You can find the code that generates the slides here.
- Here is my presentation on the same topic from a couple of years ago.
- David Robinson’s blog has a much more in-depth discussion of beta-binomial regression.
- The data I used is from Lahman’s baseball database.